Post #1 - What Am I Doing Here?

Well, I finally did it.  As someone who frequents a ton of dad blogs around the interwebz, I had been tossing around the idea of starting my own dad blog for quite some time.  But one thought always stopped me from doing so:

Who in their right mind would want to read MY blog?  What gives me the right to start a dad blog?

I think I finally came to the realization that it doesn't matter who reads it.  I'm not doing this for fame or fortune.  I'm not doing this to appear on the Today Show.  Hell, to be completely honest, I could care less if anyone reads it.  This blog is for me.  If I'm the only one who ever reads this, then great!  At least I've got a spot to jot down all my thoughts.

If anyone else does end up reading this, please don't come expecting any eye-opening advice.  I've got none...lol.  I've only been a dad for 7.5 months and despite all that I have learned, I am still pretty much as scared and often clueless as the day my daughter Chandler was born.  Don't get me wrong; I'm not one of those bumbling, "Mr. Mom" type walking jokes that you see so often portrayed on TV or in the movies...far from it.  I consider myself a great dad and I'm thrilled to be doing this.

But man.......it ain't easy.  It ain't easy both physically and more importantly, mentally.

But enough of being a downer.  My name is Tony Hsieh (no, not the Zappos CEO).  I have a beautiful wife Laura, a beautiful daughter, Chandler Olivia, 2 dogs (Dwight and Halpert), and four cats (Miles, Lucas, Potter, and Micci).  Yeah, it's a pretty full house.






I'd post pics of all the animals as well, but I'm too lazy to find them on my computer.  My wife is an air traffic controller, and I'm the lead editor of www.gamingexaminer.com.

And I'm a member of the best mom/parent group on the planet: the Junk Punching Rainbow Puffs.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet for this initial entry.  See you on the flipside!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts