Chandler and Tech
My daughter seems to have an affinity for electronics. There is NO question she is my daughter, lol. On any given day she will play with her mom's phone, her laptop (an old, broken netbook), one of our tablets, an old Xbox 360 racing wheel that I donated to her, ALL THE REMOTES, and any number of random electronic gadgets that she can get her hands on in my office.
I have no problems with Chan being so interested in electronics. I think one of the advantages of having a pretty techy dad is that I can appreciate and respect technology. I don't fear it; it's not something that I want to get rid of. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having technology in our lives; but as with anything else......all in moderation.
I hope because Chan and Ein will be raised in such a tech-rich family, they will learn to respect it. It won't be some novelty item to be obsessed with; it will always be available for them to use. I hope they will know when to start and when to stop.
Case in point: today Chan wandered into my office as I was working. She asked to sit in my lap, then pointed to the keyboard and said "type?" I pulled it towards her and she started banging on the letters, even stopping to hit the spacebar every now and then. I had to laugh and was even somewhat amazed. How the heck did she know to use the spacebar?
I have no problems with Chan being so interested in electronics. I think one of the advantages of having a pretty techy dad is that I can appreciate and respect technology. I don't fear it; it's not something that I want to get rid of. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having technology in our lives; but as with anything else......all in moderation.
I hope because Chan and Ein will be raised in such a tech-rich family, they will learn to respect it. It won't be some novelty item to be obsessed with; it will always be available for them to use. I hope they will know when to start and when to stop.
Case in point: today Chan wandered into my office as I was working. She asked to sit in my lap, then pointed to the keyboard and said "type?" I pulled it towards her and she started banging on the letters, even stopping to hit the spacebar every now and then. I had to laugh and was even somewhat amazed. How the heck did she know to use the spacebar?

Comments
Post a Comment