The Light At the End of the Tunnel?
Last week I wrote about an epic meltdown that I had. It was probably one of the lowest points of my life, and something I hope to never have to go through again.
In the week since then, I've actually been dealing with things in a much better way. I had a pretty good week, and even though I was dealing with the stress of my main work computer being dead and repaired, I still managed to make it through the week with some pretty decent production.
My computer was returned today, and all is well on the work front.
More importantly, today my daughter turns 8 months old. That's kind of a big deal for me. As a guy who always worries and is always paranoid, the fact that my daughter "made it" to 8 months is a pretty darn good reason to celebrate. I still have my anxieties when I take care of her, especially on solo days and Epic Shift, but by and large, I love the time I spend with her. I have SO much fun with her now.
She's starting to show so much of her personality; it's crazy! I never would have believed that at 8 months, you can tell what personality your LO has (that's some Puff jargon for you), but I can tell that my little Chandler is going to be quite a handful. For example, I can't tell you how many times she has fallen off the bed; yet, nearly every morning she makes a beeline for the foot of the bed, fully intending to fling herself off of it.
What the hell, Chan....what the hell??
It's amazing to see how alert she is now, and how much she soaks everything in. She's becoming a little person; not just a little helpless thing that needs me for nearly everything just to survive.
And she is SO...friggin...stubborn! She gets that from her mom.....
I can't believe in four more months, she'll officially be one year old. That's complete and utter insanity to think about. She'll soon be walking (maybe sooner rather than later, seeing as how she can pretty much stand on her own now), and soon she'll talking. And each day, we're getting closer and closer to that fantasy I had before I became a father; that fantasy where I would walk hand in hand with my little girl to the park, with her asking questions, me answering them, her running around the jungle gym, me walking home with her on my shoulders, us sitting at the table eating lunch together, playing video games together, watching Star Wars together, working out together, being silly together.....all that.
It's been a really, REALLY rough journey so far, and I anticipate it getting even rougher in the future. But I'd like to think I did pretty good so far.
In the week since then, I've actually been dealing with things in a much better way. I had a pretty good week, and even though I was dealing with the stress of my main work computer being dead and repaired, I still managed to make it through the week with some pretty decent production.
My computer was returned today, and all is well on the work front.
More importantly, today my daughter turns 8 months old. That's kind of a big deal for me. As a guy who always worries and is always paranoid, the fact that my daughter "made it" to 8 months is a pretty darn good reason to celebrate. I still have my anxieties when I take care of her, especially on solo days and Epic Shift, but by and large, I love the time I spend with her. I have SO much fun with her now.
She's starting to show so much of her personality; it's crazy! I never would have believed that at 8 months, you can tell what personality your LO has (that's some Puff jargon for you), but I can tell that my little Chandler is going to be quite a handful. For example, I can't tell you how many times she has fallen off the bed; yet, nearly every morning she makes a beeline for the foot of the bed, fully intending to fling herself off of it.
What the hell, Chan....what the hell??
It's amazing to see how alert she is now, and how much she soaks everything in. She's becoming a little person; not just a little helpless thing that needs me for nearly everything just to survive.
And she is SO...friggin...stubborn! She gets that from her mom.....
I can't believe in four more months, she'll officially be one year old. That's complete and utter insanity to think about. She'll soon be walking (maybe sooner rather than later, seeing as how she can pretty much stand on her own now), and soon she'll talking. And each day, we're getting closer and closer to that fantasy I had before I became a father; that fantasy where I would walk hand in hand with my little girl to the park, with her asking questions, me answering them, her running around the jungle gym, me walking home with her on my shoulders, us sitting at the table eating lunch together, playing video games together, watching Star Wars together, working out together, being silly together.....all that.
It's been a really, REALLY rough journey so far, and I anticipate it getting even rougher in the future. But I'd like to think I did pretty good so far.


Comments
Post a Comment